Initial data for TSB and integration with ART

Smarter Balanced Test Spec Bank Component
unger.james

Initial data for TSB and integration with ART

Post by unger.james » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:56 pm

Hi,

I am looking for some guidance/documentation on how to setup the TSB (and perhaps CoreStandards) so that TestAuthoring and ART can function properly.

I am not really sure what gets loaded into the TSB or how that data is actually loaded. Anyone else facing this right now?

thanks,

James

chadrider

Re: Initial data for TSB and integration with ART

Post by chadrider » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:31 pm

This came up in last week's Implementation meeting. David mentioned that there are 4 distinct flavors of Test Package Package each optimized for use in a different part of the test distribution process. They are:
• Registration Package Contains the data to be put into the TSB that is then available to ART
• Administration Package Contains the information necessary for the TDS
• Scoring Package Contains the information necessary for Test Scoring (and Teacher Scoring?)
• Reporting Package Contains the information needed by the data warehouse

I assume each of these is a subset the full specification with only the data and meta data necessary to drive the activity to which they are optimized.

Most of the applications use SQL scripts to load the parts of the packages they need from a file system location into their data stores. Currently, there is not a similarly convenient way to load test packages (like the sample ones in the repository) into the TSB. David said that he understood our need for this ability and that he was contemplating a similar utility for TSB.

It is unclear whether we should expect this utility but it is clearly necessary if we are to have assessments for which to make registrations.

sameer

Post by sameer » Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:01 pm

Hi Chadrider,

I was trying the TSB-ART integration. Please advice on following:

1. As suggested - "Registration Package Contains the data to be put into the TSB that is then available to ART". If possible could you please elaborate more on how to put this data into TSB.
2. You suggested about a utility to put data into TSB. Is this available somewhere on smarterapp.org site? Could you locate it for me?

Appreciate your thoughts on it.

paulespinosa

Post by paulespinosa » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:50 am

Hi all,

What is the latest news regarding loading TSB with data? When I login to TSB, all I'm able to do is search. However, TSB doesn't contain any data so there's really nothing for me to search.

Regards,
Paul

ramilevy

Post by ramilevy » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:11 pm

Hello Paul,

We are happy to announce that there is now a script that will help you load registration packages into ART via TSB. To load externally authored test packages into the TSB, you may use the “load_reg_package.pl” script available in the tsb folder of the Administrative repository (https://bitbucket.org/sbacoss/administr ... elease/src). Test packages will then be browsable in ART’s Select Assessment function. Refer to the script’s usage instructions for more details on script usage.
This script will be available by later tonight.

Regards,
Rami

paulespinosa

Post by paulespinosa » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:08 pm

Thanks Rami.

I tried the tool and it didn't work for me. I have debug mode on. It looks like configuration strings are becoming malformed.

Code: Select all

$ perl load_reg_package.pl --path=irp-perf-ela-3-summer-2015-2016.xml

Path command line parameter = irp-perf-ela-3-summer-2015-2016.xml
Getting Program Management access token from OpenAM
/auth/oauth2/access_token?realm=/sbac"pp.cresst.net
"password=ThePasswordtype=password&client_id=pm&client_secret=TheClientSecret
/auth/oauth2/access_token?realm=/sbac"encoded" https://oam.url.cresst.netpm&client_secret=TheClientSecret
Calling OpenAM to get OAuth token for Program Management
malformed JSON string, neither array, object, number, string or atom, at character offset 0 (before "(end of string)") at /usr/share/perl5/JSON.pm line 171.

paulespinosa

Post by paulespinosa » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:03 am

In response to my last post, I had to dos2unix the .cfg file to move forward.

Next, I had to make some modifications to the script:
1. Login to my system using an Administrator or ProgMan user account and copy the iPlanetDirectoryPro cookie value from the browser.
2. Modify the script to use the iPlanetDirectoryPro cookie when requesting an access token from OAM as the ProgMan user.
3. Modify the script to use the iPlanetDirectoryPro cookie when requesting an access token from OAM as the TSB user.
4. Remove all '--insecure -3' curl options

The above steps allowed me to load registration packages.

Paul

ramilevy

Post by ramilevy » Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:29 pm

Thanks for the information, Paul. Yes, depending on the system/platform you're using and the various systems you use (e.g. SSO), the script would require some tweaks. I'm unfamiliar with the iPlanetDirectoryPro cookie or why it would be needed, but if it worked for you that's good to hear. Hopefully this will help others that need it.

-Rami